Missio Dei

Follow our group blog: Missio Dei

Saturday, February 11, 2012

How Can I be a Sponsor?

Jes Partain
Twitter: JesMarie @JM_Partain
Email: jesjudo_005@hotmail.com



Dear Family and Friends,

On March 30, 2012, I will be taking up the challenge of  going to Haiti with twenty six other teammates. This is a unique opportunity to serve, to learn and to love another culture!

This mission trip will raise vital funds for the purchase and construction of a home for a needy family in Haiti.

To accomplish this task, we have a large fundraising goal of $4,000 for the cost of building  materials and labor. This amount would be sufficient for the entire purchase of a new home for a family!

The expected cost of my own trip expense is $1,300. I have set myself a personal fundraising target of $1,000. I would greatly appreciate your help in reaching this target because life is an echo--what you send out comes back. 

I have started  my fundraising off with a personal donation of $200. Your donation will bring me closer to my goal and help me succeed on this journey. I understand these are hard times everywhere but any amount is greatly appreciated.



It's official and there's NO turning back now!


Two years ago I welcomed my  beautiful little boy into the world, overcoming 
fears I had of raising a child on my own.  My son is an amazing little boy who 
has truly rocked my world!
  
Like most parents, I want my son to take advantage of all that life has to 
offer. When I reflect on my own life, I see a lot of good opportunities that I
didn’t take advantage of because of fear.  To go to Haiti, for me, is to face
that fear and take advantage of an opportunity to grow.  The trip itself is
scary, considering I have never traveled outside the US.  In fact, to get 
shots is terrifying in itself!  This trip is a great opportunity for me to 
take on the challenge of meeting new people and sharing the love of God with 
them--the thing that is most important to me.
 
Plus, I want my son  to see me set goals, make plans and then apply hard work 
to see them fulfilled.  I want him to see me take action to overcome the 
hurdles and obstacles that come with trying to fulfill a dream.  I want him to 
see how things can be hard--but so worth it!  I want him to see the blessings 
of achieving goals.  I want him to see how God can use me in spite of my 
inadequacies to bless my family, my community, and my world.
 
In other words, I want my son to see what it is to glorify God in very 
intentional ways.

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter. As one of my sponsors, I will personally let you know how we do. If you would like any more information on “Mission to Haiti” please visit: www.missoulavalleychurch.com/Haiti mission or follow me on twitter that is listed above.

Sincerely,
Jes Marie Partain





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


All checks should be made payable to Missoula Valley Church.

1528 S. Higgins Avenue
Missoula, MT, 59802
(406)549-1744


Help me get there!




No comments:

Post a Comment