Missio Dei

Follow our group blog: Missio Dei

Friday, March 2, 2012

Lets get down to Business.

I want to start out by telling you that I'm home alone. Yep, alone. I can hardly believe it myself. I've never been here without Landon and I have to admit it's a little weird. It's so quiet...and peaceful. I'm not sure what to do first, nap, clean, nap, or do homework or nap. Bottom-line I will get a lot done today!

So about a week and a half ago I mailed out eleven fundraising letters to my family and friends. Since this is my first time fundraising I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to hear back from them and as of right now I haven't gotten any responses... that I know of. I will keep you posted on how much I've raised because some of you have been asking and I'm sorry for not  having an amount for you. 

In our team efforts to raise money we are doing a Garage Sale March 10 @ Missoula Valley Church for those of you who will be around and bring your $$$.$$.  We will also be setting up tables at the University on March 13 and 14th to reach out to our fellow college students/faculty for their spare change. And last but not least we are selling Hydro Flask.
Hydro Flasks are  Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Water Bottles. Check out the link for more information and for anyone interested in buying one let me know and I'll get details up for you. I will be getting one for Haiti!  




Just in case you were wondering we are trying to raise an extra $4,000 to purchase the supplies for a home.



And finally... IT'S MARCH!!!!!! We leave at the end of this month. I'm getting very excited to leave. On Feb. 26th we had our Haiti meeting (which I will talk more about next Friday) and that's when reality set in and I started feeling nauseous and anxious about going. As of right now, I'm back to being excited!

My last shot for Hep B is scheduled for  March 7th and then next I will need to get my Malaria pills.  That's all I have planned for travel arrangements but more things will be added to my list as our departure day draws closer.


Well, it was nice talking shop with y'all...until next time!

"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own" Matthew 6:34
-Jes

HAppY BirTHdAY Dr Seuss












**HydroFlask.com

No comments:

Post a Comment